Thinking about joining us for a class?
Did you know that there are many styles of bellydance?
- glamorous Egyptian and Lebanese Raqs Sharki (bellydance),
- American Tribal Style,
- Tribal Fusion,
- Improvisational Tribal Style,
- Boomer Bellydance (for those above 50),
- Hip Hop Fusion,
- and a possible assortment of other mind expanding bellydance
Here are a few more answers to those questions that might be in your head.
2. Are there age restrictions? Am I too old?
No, our focus is on introducing all women to dance. Our median dance age is about 35, with students as young as 12, to our Boomers who are well over 50. We also have 1 kid's class that start at 6 to about 10 yrs old.
3. I never realized there were so many styles of bellydance. How do I choose?
If you are beginner then just check out our beginner classes. Beginner bellydance is a great place to start but if you like something a little more contemporary you might want to consider Tribal Fusion. Call or email us with any questions.
4. How are your instructors trained?Our instructors are professionally trained by some of the best dancers in the world and some have gotten their certifications from well known schools like the Salimpour School in California and American Tribal Style® of San Francisco among others. Many have studied with professional Egyptian dancers.
5. Do I have to commit to the 10 week session?
If 10 weeks doesn't work for you then check out our Drop-In classes and come when you can.
6. How do the Drop-In classes differ from the regular 90 minute classes?
If you register for the 90 minute classes then your classes will run at the same time every week for 10 weeks. In that 90 minutes you will learn both technique and a choreography, which you will have the opportunity to perform at the student recital. The Drop-In 60 minute classes focus on technique only.
7. Do I have to perform in the student recital if I register for the 90 minute classes?
No, you never have to perform in a student recital and you don't need to decide until the end of session. You may surprise yourself as it is more fun than you can imagine.
8. If I decide to perform in the student recital do I have to purchase a costume?
Yes, you do. There are lots of options for beginners so all budget considerations are considered. We can assist you in our store with that.
9. What do I wear to class?
Comfortable yoga style clothing works best and bare feet.
Saturday - 10AM to 6PM
Closed Friday & Sunday and all major holidays.